How easy is it to edit, correct, revise your curated content with KBrowser? This is my 6th post in a series of posts examining our KBrowser features against Robin Good’s criteria for the ideal content curation tool.
The following questions and video demo the organization and navigation of the KBucket shared content.
Editing and Formatting
- Does the tool allow to fully edit the content being curated? - Answer:Yes
- Is it possible to edit/correct/revise title, image and content? -Answer: Yes
- Is it possible to edit/correct/revise the original image? - Answer: Yes
- Is it possible to edit the actual content? - Answer: No, not the content just your description of the content
- Is it possible to format it? - Answer: Yes
- Which formatting controls are available? - Answer: Yes, we have a Built in text editor
- Can you select between different display formats (list, grid, magazine, etc.)? Answer: Yes
- Can you personalize your display format? Answer: Yes
- To what extent? Answer: You can change the original image, add tags, and comments
- Are there different quality display templates to choose from? Answer: Yes, in WordPress we integrate with any theme, on the KBucket site we will offer 3 formats (Text, Magazine and Card formats)
- Can you re-arrange and juxtapose content items in your collection / stream in the way you want? Answer: Yes, you can filter them by topic, author and publisher tag and sort the channel by Publisher, Date and Title
- Is it possible to "feature" individual items? Answer: Yes, you can share each item through your social channels driving traffic back to your site.
- How easy is to navigate your curated collections / streams? Answer: Very easy, our content is organized by channel and each channel comes with topic tags, publisher tags and author tags. Users can also sort by date, title and publisher
- Are there dedicated navigation features to facilitate moving through a long stream or a large collection? Answer: Yes, tags and sorting as described above
- Can you move rapidly from the start to the end of the collection, or to the middle of it? How long does it take? Answer: Yes, the content is organized by pages and its easy to navigate between the pages. Users can sort the content first before they navigate
- Can you easily jump to different points of the collection? Answer: Yes- Channels, Topic Tags, Author Tags, Publisher Tags
- Can you easily jump from a full collection view to specific groups or individual items in it? Answer: Yes - Topic Tags
- Is the curated content yours and sitting on your servers or is it "owned" and controlled by someone else? Answer: Both, we have a WordPress plugin solution and the KBucket platform, organized as a search site, where each user gets their own curated page
- What rights do they claim on your curated work? Answer: Our content is distributed under the fair use license. You can read about it here
- Can you decide under what license your curated work is distributed? Answer: Fair use license, curators write a brief summary of their findings and link back to the authors site.
It is real easy to get started. Launch your Firefox browser and then install the KBrowser extension from the link below: