How easy is it to monitor and discover news with Kauthor? This is my 5th post in a series of posts examining our Kauthor solution for curators against Robin Good’s criteria for the ideal content curation tool. Here, Robin has defined a set of features for Content Monitoring, news discovery and filtering when considering a curation tool. Let's take a look at the set of questions and our response.
Content Monitoring - News Discovery
- Can you create "persistent searches"? Answer: Yes you can create one or more groups and subscribe to multiple alert sites.
- Can you designate what sources to tap? Answer: Yes, you can designate tens of sources and view each in its own window
- Can you subscribe and monitor any RSS feed? Answer: Yes, you can subscribe to any RSS feed with a simple drag and drop
- Is it possible to import an OPML file? Answer: Not yet, but we plan to offer this feature soon.
- Can the tool suggest relevant content based on your past activity? Answer: Our tool let's you easily integrate any web based solution that offers this function
- Can the tool suggest relevant content based on your network of contacts? Answer: Our tool let's you easily integrate any web based solution as part of your curated set of tools
- Can you filter incoming content by keywords / hashtags / users?
- By popularity / relevance?
- By date?
- By language?
- By type of content?
- By type of source?
- By popularity (views, shares, etc.)?
Answer: The strength of our solution is integrating any web based solution as part of your work flow. So the answer is yes